Monday, November 22, 2010

ROBIN S - SHOW ME LOVE

This is the first single from the album with the same name. I was excited when this first came out because I loved the song and wanted to hear the mixes. At the time I aspired to be a DJ and I was mixing tracks. Nothing like what real DJs do. I would mix songs together using my computer and some audio editing tools. Anytime a song I liked came out with mixes, I'd scour them to see if I could use any of them for my mix tapes. This was one of my favorite CDs to pull material from. The first mix is basically an extended version of the album track. They play the song through twice as one complete track. It's great for those who love the original track and always think it's over too soon. The second mix is more house and less trance. It has a lovely modulating scale playing with a chime sound. The mix focuses more on a genuine piano sound and some synth orchestra swells. The house beat features a staggered handclap effect. It's more light hearted and pretty than the original. However, it glosses over the power of the lyric content.

The third mix is very much like the first in that it's an extended version of the track. The differences are subtle. They drop most of the effects out a few times to add strength to the vocals and there's additional drum programming and a house piano motif playing throughout. The final mix features a heavy club beat with very little music playing over. It's the closest thing to straight forward vocal track than any other on this single. Toward the end of the cut a synth line is brought in over Robin's scatting. It's a fun mix but on the dull side because of length. Over all, this is a single for true fan's and not a random listener. The mixes are fun but not incredible. They barely serve enough merit a release. Still, I love the song and it's fun to hear some different versions of it. My final words: THEY DIDN'T SHOW THE LOVE.


ROBIN S - SHOW ME LOVE
01. Show Me Love (Stonebridge Club Mix)
02. Show Me Love (Nick Nice Eagle Mix)
03. Show Me Love (New Club Mix)
04. Show Me Love (Nice & Stoned Old School Mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment