Saturday, September 10, 2016

SOFT CELL-MARC ALMOND - TAINTED LOVE

Marc Almond's rise to fame is largely due to Soft Cell and this track.  He went on to become a famous solo artist.  I just recently heard a segment on BBC Radio Documentary series where he traveled to Russia to learn more about a famous gay Russian singer who was plunged into obscurity because of his sexuality.  So he's still around and working.

Soft Cell are a group I've always liked but I've never picked up their album.  I really should.  I like a lot of the songs on it.  Even if they're considered a one hit wonder.  I still like them.

This is an interesting single because it was released in order to promote a new Marc Almond CD rather than Soft Cell.  He used it to capitalize on the success of Soft Cell to promote his own solo project, "Memorabilia".  There are 3 tracks on the disc.  The first is a new remix of 'Tainted Love'.  The second is a 12" version of a new song called, 'Where The Heart Is' and the final track is the original 12" version of 'Tainted Love' which is basically an extended version of the song.

Housed in a Euro slim case, I think this is a pretty good release.  Of course it might not matter so much if I had the corresponding albums, but I don't so it's very relevant to me.  I'm glad I at least have this but I'd like to have more.  My final words:  A GREAT SINGLE TO SUPPORT A GREAT SONG!

SOFT CELL-MARC ALMOND - TAINTED LOVE
01. Tainted Love '91 (7")
02. Where The Heart Is (12")
03. Tainted Love (Original 12" Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment