Friday, September 9, 2016

RAMMSTEIN - SONNE

This is a single from Rammstein's album "Mutter".  It's a great single for a couple reasons...  First, it has a b-side!  You heard me right.  The first track is essentially the album version of the song, but the second track is 'Adios'.  Now before you get too carried away, let me point out, 'Adios' does come from the album as well, but it's still nice to break up the mixes with another track and these two compliment each other rather well.  I'm not being too picky today whether or not the b-side is a non-album track or not.  I'm just enjoying the fact it's there.

Second, it has mixes.  Tracks 3 and 4 are remixes by the Swedish band, Clawfinger.  The first features deep metal drumming and harder power chords.  The second uses a jungle beat for the remix and relies on lower keyboard tones in place of the guitar power chords.  The final track is an instrumental version of the song.

I quite enjoy singles by Rammstein.  I think they pack a lot in these mini albums and I've never found one I thought was a total waste of money.

My final words:  ANOTHER EXCELLENT SINGLE FROM GERMANY'S PREMIER METAL BAND!

RAMMSTEIN - SONNE
01. Sonne
02. Adios
03. Sonne (Clawfinger K.O. Remix)
04. Sonne (Clawfinger T.K.O. Remix)
05. Sonne (Instrumental)

No comments:

Post a Comment