Thursday, May 20, 2010

MORRISSEY - LET ME KISS YOU

I don't know the order of the singles from this album. So I'm just posting them as I listen to them. When you look at all the songs on 'You Are The Quarry', 'Let Me Kiss You' is easily one of the strongest. However, as a single, this particular release leaves a lot to be desired. The version of the title track is the same as the album I believe. The interest in this release is the non-album track 'Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice'. However, it's not a very exciting song. The music is quite upbeat, but unfortunately, it doesn't grab me in a favorable way. It has an offbeat sound, yet I find the tune more irritating than appealing. I think the poetry of the song is great though. It's an interesting tale for sure.

Probably one for more die-hard Morrissey fans than the general consumer. Think about downloading the track rather than buying the disc.
My final word: OK.


MORRISSEY - LET ME KISS YOU
01. Let Me Kiss You
02. Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment