Sunday, December 12, 2010

NINA SIMONE - MY BABY JUST CARES FOR ME


Nina Simone was an amazing woman. My first exposure to her came through the film "Point Of No Return". Bridget Fonda's character loved Nina Simone and listened to her records all the time. I was completely floored by the smokey vocals of this incredible songstress. I never bought any of her records, but I saw this single at a used CD store one time and I remembered the song. I picked it up and only whetted my appetite for more of her.

Simone seems to blend folk, R&B and jazz together to create a rich full sound that compliments her voice to perfection. She's an accomplished piano player as 'You'll Never Walk Alone' demonstrates. But it's her singing that really reaches in and grabs hold of you. I need to pick up more of her stuff. And when I have more money, I'm going to. She's just awesome! My final words: A GREAT AMERICAN TREASURE.


NINA SIMONE - MY BABY JUST CARES FOR ME
01. My Baby Just Cares For Me
02. Love Me Or Leave Me
03. You'll Never Walk Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment