Monday, December 20, 2010

INGRID + MARCO - INGRID + MARCO

This little Christmas EP was issued by Ingrid Chavez via her website this month. She describes her cover of 'Frosty' as a song, "...in minor key heaven, in Tim Burton style...". I think that's a bit excessive. It's an interesting cover, but nothing worth writing home about. I quite like the other two songs though. They're awesome. I still have a problem with Ingrid singing so much. Her first record was all about that interesting spoken poetry flow. It wasn't rap and it wasn't singing... It was something else entirely. Ingrid isn't the strongest vocalist. She doesn't have a strong range either. Her true talent lies in the unusual method she used for "May 19, 1992" back when she was on Paisley Park.

I'm still completely enthralled with her lyrics and the strangeness of the way she puts music together. But as a fan, I feel a little betrayed when she doesn't include music made in that interesting way. Her power is her speaking voice. As for this Marco... I can tell you exactly what's happening... He's constantly telling her to sing and trying to get her to move into a more traditional style of pop music. She totally needs to stop listening to him. And even though I like his music, he needs to give his ego a rest and let Ingrid fans enjoy Ingrid. Or put a band together; which I'm assuming Ingrid + Marco is... A new band name.

It's nice to have new material from her and I love it. I'm grateful to have it. I can't really suggest you not buy it because anything she puts out is worth owning. She is a true spirit poet. And her words can move mountains. Give it a try. My final words: A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY SURPRISE AND TREAT!


INGRID + MARCO - INGRID + MARCO
01. Frosty
02. Escapology
03. Black And Blue (Bonus Demo)

No comments:

Post a Comment