Saturday, September 25, 2010

NEIL FINN - WHEREVER YOU ARE

The single for 'Wherever You Are' is essential because it contains two b-sides co-written by Wendy Melvoin. Both 'Unexpected' and 'Now I Get It' continue the diverse style and sound of 'One Nil' and intrigue me even further. In fact, I wonder if there are more songs from these sessions lying around. Are there any out there? As a collection, they are a remarkable and historic period.

Aside from the additional tracks, there's not much this single has to offer. But the b-sides alone make it one you can't afford to miss. At least if you're into this music. I've taken all the songs from the album and the single and I've burned them onto a CD I listen to in the truck. It's brilliant material and I'm so glad it was made.

My final words: TOO IMPORTANT TO MISS.


NEIL FINN - WHEREVER YOU ARE
01. Wherever You Are
02. Unexpected
03. Now I Get It

No comments:

Post a Comment