Monday, July 11, 2016

PET SHOP BOYS - HOME AND DRY

This is another UK 2 part single and this disc is the 1st disc.  'Home And Dry' is a song from the album "Release".  Like most Euro and UK singles, it comes in a slim case with a sticker on the front signifying it's part of a 2 CD set.

I absolutely love this song.  And in the grand tradition of part 1 CD single sets, this disc is all about making sure 'Home And Dry' could compete on the singles chart.  There are three tracks on the disc.  They're both b-sides and they're both incredible.

'Sexy Northerner' has an urgency to the music making you feel the anticipation of flirting and falling in lust with another person.  As genuine and heartfelt as 'Home And Dry' is, 'Sexy Northerner' is superficial and sexy!  My favorite line from the song is, "It's not all - - football and fags!"  

The final track on the single is 'Always' which reminds me of a gospel track.  When you hear it, I'm sure you'll wonder why I think this way, but it's a gospel track because the chorus is all about keeping faith and enduring.  "Always, summer comes".

This entire disc is a win for me.  From start to finish.  My final words:  AN EXCELLENT 1ST DISC IN A SET SHOWCASING SOME MEMORABLE MUSIC!

PET SHOP BOYS - HOME AND DRY
01. Home And Dry
02. Sexy Northerner
03. Always

No comments:

Post a Comment