Tuesday, May 12, 2015

COOLER KIDS - MEGAMIX

OK, so this is the CD that got me hooked on Cooler Kids.  I saw Erasure in Las Vegas during the "Other People's Songs" tour and Cooler Kids were opening up for them.  I remember not liking them during the opening set.  But that was mostly because I was so excited to see Erasure.  I've made this mistake many times in the past.  I overlook an opening band because I'm looking forward to the main act.  But I've changed that habit.  I've discovered a number of great bands by giving opening acts a chance and I find them before too many other people are listening to them.

Sisley Treasure threw a bunch of these promo CDs to the crowd and I caught one.  I didn't think much of it at the time, but about a year later, I was listening to it in the car one day and it blew my mind.  I had to get the full length album.  I ordered it, paid full price and fell in love with the pop styling of this wonderful group.  

You can read more about the individual tracks in my previous review of the entire album so I'm not going to break this down.  Essentially, the disc is a mix of 5 tracks from the album.  They blend together to make one mix and it's wonderful.  You get a comprehensive idea of what the group are capable of in this one 9 minute long megamix.  If you can find it, I suggest picking it up.

My final words:  SAVED FROM IGNORING A POP TALENT THROUGH THIS LITTLE GEM.  GET IT.  DO YOURSELF A FAVOR!

COOLER KIDS - MEGAMIX
01. All Around The World (Punk Debutante)
02. Sugartown
03. Vive Le Fever
04. E Is For Everybody
05. Morning Star

No comments:

Post a Comment