Tuesday, April 21, 2015

YIP DECEIVER - YIP DECEIVER

This was the second disc I bought at the last E6 show I saw with Yip Deceiver as the opening act.  I'm going to guess it was probably the first thing the duo actually released together.  It's an EP of sorts.  Not really a single.  It's not given a title, so there's no lead track.  However, two of the songs are on the album.  Tracks 1 & 4.  The other two could be considered b-sides if you choose to see this as a single.

You can read my reviews of 'Obnoxia' and 'Get Strict' on my album review of "Medallius".  I should mention, the version of 'Obnoxia' appearing on this disc might be different from the one on the album.  When I listen to it, I think I hear some differences.  I'll have to compare them.  Track 2 is 'For All The Haters' and it's got a great pop beat and sound.  The subject matter is a little heavy.  But the tune is so upbeat, you don't really notice.  Once you learn the lyrics, this is a great one to sing along with.  


'Sadie Hawkins Day' is an amazing track.  There's a lot of stuff happening here.  The music is interesting and the lyrics are catchy.  The vocal arrangement is intriguing.  This is a band I'm constantly getting more and more excited about.  The more I hear from them, the more I want to hear.


I highly recommend you pick this up and start following this exciting up and coming duo.


My final words:  EP OR SINGLE...  IT WORKS AND YOU SHOULD OWN IT!  NOW GO GET IT!!!  RIGHT NOW!!!!


YIP DECEIVER - YIP DECEVER

01. Obnoxia
02. For All The Haters
03. Sadie Hawkins Day
04. Get Strict

No comments:

Post a Comment