Thursday, April 23, 2015

PRINCE - TE AMO CORAZÓN

I can't remember if this was the first or second single from "3121", but I do remember it coming out.  I actually bought two copies of this single.  One of them was the actual CD single with an edit of the song as the only track.  The other copy was a double disc CD/DVD single.  The CD single was the same and the DVD was the video of the single edit.  The CD came in a standard jewel case while the DVD came in a cardboard gatefold.  The cover photos are the same.  Essentially, I'm throwing these two together and I'll separate them between CD and DVD.  

This is a lovely song and it's got a wonderful Latin vibe to it.  It's times like this, I wish I was more knowledgeable about these styles of music so I could accurately describe what I'm hearing.  I'll go more into this track and my feelings about it when I do my review for "3121".  For now let's just say, there's not much happening on these two items.  They're definitely for hardcore collectors or people who are only interested in the one song.


If you're going to pick one of them up, I'd suggest the gatefold as it offers the better deal.  For about $1 more retail, you could get the bonus DVD.  The cover art is a nice photo.  It's a nice addition to any Prince collection.  And a nice package to showcase a beautiful, under-rated tune.


My final words:  MORE FOR COMPLETE-ISTS OR CASUAL SINGLE BUYERS.  NOT MUCH VALUE ON ITS OWN BUT STILL LOVELY.


PRINCE - TE AMO CORAZÓN

CD
01. Te Amo Corazón
DVD
01. Te Amo Corazón

No comments:

Post a Comment