Tuesday, May 6, 2014

ELECTRIC SIX - SEXY TRASH

This disc is an interesting release not just because it doesn't have a label.  It's also interesting because it's a band production sold exclusively by the band at their shows for the fans.  The disc contains 30 tracks of demos, outtakes and rare songs recorded by the band between the span of 1996-2007.  Of course the results speak for themselves.  Most people who understand the nature of songwriting and the music business in general, will view this release as just that...  A comprehensive look at the song writing process and a glimpse into the building blocks used to create the sound of  popular band.

Fans, on the other hand, will see this little gem as more E6 material they haven't heard before.  I see it as a little of both.  Certain songs here I will add to my cannon of E6 numbers...  Others I will view as throwaway demos or outtakes of released versions.

I could try and do a play by play breakdown, but I think the one on the back of the cardboard sleeve does justice to the material included within.  Each song is given a small write up explaining where it came from, why is wasn't used, etc. etc.  The descriptions can also be a little self deprecating.  But they're fair.

And besides, there's so many tracks, I'd be here all day.  I will say this much for it in addition to everything though...  I love the disc and I'm so happy I have it.  I listened to it all the way home the night after I bought it at the concert.  There's so many cool little bits here...  You can spend hours and not get bored.  It's classic.  

My final words:  EXPLORE THE WORLD OF ELECTRIC SIX THROUGH THE SEXY TRASH THEY THREW AWAY...  RIGHT ONTO THIS SEXY DISC.

ELECTRIC SIX - SEXY TRASH
01. Immolate Me
02. I Know Karate
03. Baby Vs. Baby
04. My Baby Is A Nuclear Winter
05. One More Time
06. Antisocial Sex Boy Hit Machine
07. Future Girls
08. I Thought You Was Dead
09. Strike While The Iron Is Hot!
10. Turn It Up!
11. Telephone Conversation
12. Serious Help
13. Future Police
14. Living On The Sexy Planet
15. Be My Dark Angel
16. Devil Nights
17. Another Song About The Devil
18. Self Destruct
19. Bite Me
20. Stepsister
21. Filthy Blankets
22. I'm On A Diet
23. People Like You (Don't Like People Like Me)
24. Into The Roppongi
25. The World's Smallest Human Being
26. I Wish This Song Was Louder
27. I Buy The Drugs
28. Down At McDonnellz
29. I Don't Like You
30. Cold Future

No comments:

Post a Comment