Thursday, May 1, 2014

DIE PRINZEN - SCHWEINE

Die Prinzen are a German pop group I discovered while living in Switzerland.  I didn't so much discover them as I liked one of their songs and I picked up a couple of their CDs at a market for a very low price.  Now the question becomes...  Did I make the right choice in buying these discs?  Um........................

Let me say the first time I heard these albums, I thought these guys were huge fans of Michael Jackson.  Since I wasn't, I didn't care much for the similarities I heard that occasionally pop up.  And let's not forget the look...  These guys are completely dorky.  

The music is mediocre pop fare and the lyrics are mostly uninspired and boring.  It should be a crime that most of these songs were committed to tape in any form.  There's only one song I actually like on here and one other I somewhat like.  The album starts with an alarm going off as if to wake you up and ends with a song giving you the impression you're going to bed.  Played on repeat, this is a nightmare groundhog day you would never escape from.

If you want to check out the only two songs worth hearing on the album, listen to 'Ich Will Ein Baby' and 'Hau Endlich Ab'.  Then do yourself a favor and avoid the rest as much as humanly possible.

I'm not going to do a breakdown this time because quite frankly, listening to this disaster years after hearing it the first time was torture enough.  Why drag it out any longer with metaphors?

My final words:  A BIG GERMAN FLOP

DIE PRINZEN - SCHWEINE
01. Entspann Dich
02. Ich Will Ein Baby
03. (Du Mußt Ein) Schwein Sein
04. Schwartz
05. Sie Denkt Immer Nur An Dich
06. Hau' Endlich Ab
07. Es Ist Wie Es Ist
08. Was Gut Ist
09. Geld Ist Schön (Danke)
10. Kansst Du Mir Noch Einmal Verzeihn
11. Kannst Du Mich Hörn
12. Sinnloses Lied
13. Müde

No comments:

Post a Comment