Tuesday, June 28, 2016

IN THE WHALE - CAKE

In The Whale is a band from Denver, Colorado.  They are a guitar and drum duo currently on tour with Electric Six and these guys can really bring the noise.  As I do with most bands I see playing with E6, I looked In The Whale up online before I actually saw them play.  I like to have an idea as to whether or not I'll like a group before I see them live.  I immediately liked what I was hearing.  This is an exciting group!

They had three discs on sale at the show and I picked up all three...  I'm reviewing "Cake" first because it has my current favorite song by them on it.  Of the four songs on this disc, 'Heels' is my favorite but all of them are quite compelling and listenable.  In the tradition of The White Stripes, Pucifer and Little Hurricane, this group rocks you relentlessly from start to finish.

Although the sound at the concert wasn't all that great, (in fact, it was absolute crap), you could still get the feeling for what they were capable of bringing.  Live, they are dynamic, engaging and a lot of fun!  In person, they were friendly, shy and even flattered by attention.  Definitely a group worth following and hearing more from.

I can't recommend this group enough.  You won't find their CDs through traditional means.  You can find them on bandcamp though.  And I believe you can order a physical copy of their "Cake" EP there.  All of these tunes are worth owning so don't wait!  Go pick up yours today!

My final words:  AN EXCITING NEW VOICE IN ROCK MUSIC EMERGING FROM THE ROCKIES!!!!  YOU WANT THEM, YOU NEED THEM, GO GET IT!!!!

IN THE WHALE - CAKE
01. 34-28-32
02. Woman
03. Heels
04. Shall Not Be Moved

No comments:

Post a Comment