Monday, June 6, 2016

ANNIE LENNOX - NO MORE "I LOVE YOU'S"

I don't remember where I picked up this single but I do remember why I bought it.  It was shortly after I'd seen Bram Stoker's Dracula and Annie Lennox sang the last song played during the credits.  'Love Song For A Vampire'.  I looked for an album of hers that included the track but I couldn't find it anywhere.  So long before I bought "Medusa", I picked up this little gem for one of the b-sides included.

Still, the strongest song on the disc is actually the title track, 'No More "I Love You's"'.  This is a German single and it comes in a slim case like most European singles do.  There were three tracks and the second was a Joni Mitchell cover.  It's actually a nifty little release and special because at the time I wasn't aware you could find 'Love Song For A Vampire' anywhere else.  I'm sure you can now, but back then I was all about owning that tune.

Once again, it's a nice single.  Great to have three quality tracks on the one disc.  It's a nice quick listen and enjoyable all the way through.

My final words:  A SPECIAL TREAT ROLLED UP IN A LOVELY PACKAGE.

ANNIE LENNOX - NO MORE "I LOVE YOU'S"
01. No More "I Love You's"
02. Ladies Of The Canyon
03. Love Song For A Vampire

No comments:

Post a Comment