Wednesday, March 20, 2013

ELECTRIC SIX - ABSOLUTE PLEASURE

I made Tyler order this CD for me online for Christmas.  I really wanted it and couldn't wait any longer.  I've seen E6 a number of times in concert and I've enjoyed seeing almost all of these songs performed live.  There are two songs in particular I've been wanting to see live and I was able to see them but I'm even more surprised and pleased to find them included on this release.  'Future Is In The Future' and 'When I Get To The Green Building' are amazing tunes.  It's so great to have live versions in my library.

It's also interesting to have a copy of the Osmond Brothers cover, 'Crazy Horses'.  Why on earth E6 decided to do a version of this song I'll never know.  But it comes out sounding just great and makes another reason to pick up this already exclusive release.

I believe this CD is a mix of two nights performances.  But it doesn't matter much in the end.  You can put the disc on and let it play without worrying about skipping unwanted tracks.  They're all gems.

There's a lot of conversation happening here as well.  Dick Valentine spends a good deal of time entertaining the audience with his witty humor.  It's a pleasure hearing it live when you're at the show.  Even moreso when you can keep a copy of it and listen to it over again.

The title of this release makes me think of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show".  One of the lasts songs Frankenfurter sings is that one where he goes, "Don't dream it, be it"  Another line from that song is, "Give yourself over to absolute pleasure."  In my mind, that scene inspired this incredible record.  I can picture Dick Valentine in corset drag with a pink feather boa and high heel shoes singing that line over and over.  It's a disturbing but happy image for me.  I think he's talented enough to pull it off.  Much like Tim Curry.  My final words on this release are: LONG OVERDUE AND WORTH THE WAIT!

ELECTRIC SIX - ABSOLUTE PLEASURE
01. It's Showtime!
02. Down At McDonnelzzz
03. Danger! High Voltage
04. Future Is In The Future
05. Dirty Ball
06. When I Get To The Green Building
07. Gay Bar
08. Infected Girls
09. Jam It In The Hole
10. She's White
11. Body Shot
12. Dance Epidemic
13. I Buy The Drugs
14. Hello! I See You
15. Crazy Horses
16. Dance Commander
17. Synthesizer

No comments:

Post a Comment