Tuesday, March 15, 2016

ROBERT PLANT / ALISON KRAUSS - RICH WOMAN

It's hard to believe anyone born prior to 1970 not knowing who Robert Plant is, but for those who don't...  He's the lead singer of Led Zeppelin.  And you don't have to go too far to find out who Alison Krauss is... Just do a search on this blog and read some of my other reviews of her work.  I love her!

When I first heard she'd done some recording with Robert Plant I was a little annoyed.  I tend to be a purest when it comes to vocalists I like; (which in and of itself is a rare thing).  I don't like to listen to them singing with other people.  It drowns out the sound I want to hear.  I was reluctant to listen to this music but eventually I did and I fell in love with it.  Amazing!

I think I'm more in love with the promotional material surrounding this release than I am the official.  This is a two track promotional CD of the 'Rich Woman' single and it comes in a generic cardboard package.  The cardboard actually looks like it's made from recycled paper.  The actual cover is a sticker that's been placed across the front and back.  It creates a back, side and front label for the disc.  I think the idea is unique and interesting.  I like it quite a bit and if I can, I'm going to pick up as much of this as I can.  I'd like to have a complete album and single collection of this record in this interesting packaging.

As for the disc itself, it features two versions of 'Rich Woman'.  One is an edit of the album version.  Krauss and Plant sing the tune as a duet and it's fantastic!  Brilliant number and performed to perfection.  My final words:  A UNIQUE AND INTERESTING RELEASE!!!

ROBERT PLANT / ALISON KRAUSS - RICH WOMAN
01. Rich Woman (Radio Edit)
02. Rich Woman (Album Version)

1 comment: