Monday, December 12, 2016

JUNO REACTOR - ODYSSEY 1992-2002

Although it's not stated as such, "Odyssey 1992-2002" is essentially a greatest hits package of sorts for Juno Reactor.  There's nothing exceptionally different on this disc from the previously released versions of these songs other than they seem to have been re-mastered.  The sound quality sounds a bit clearer.  Still, I don't hear much of a difference in the arrangement or mix of the tracks aside from flowing together.  For me, as a huge Juno Reactor/Ben Watkins fan, the purpose in buying this release was purely for the pleasure of having a new album from them.  And truth be told, I didn't actually buy this for myself.  It was on my Amazon wish list and I got it for my birthday one year from my sister.  I was super happy to have it!

One thing I can say about Juno Reactor is they're more than just the music they release.  The band has a unique and interesting image.  The artwork featured on their CDs is almost as interesting as the music itself.  They're a very visually satisfying artist as far as I'm concerned and this disc is no exception.  I love the cover artwork.  I think it's amazing!

I do enjoy the convenience of having these songs assembled on one disc and the way they play into each other.  It's often hard to choose favorite songs from this group as I like so much of what they've done.  

There is one previously unreleased track on this compilation and that's 'Hotaka'.  It was also released as a single for the album.  That's another incentive to purchase the disc.

If I had to sit down and give examples of why I think Juno Reactor is such a great band and why the music is so terrific, I would probably put together a compilation disc similar to this one and let the music speak for itself.  After all, that's where this group really shines!

"Odyssey" may not be a must have album for Juno Reactor fans, but it's a great place to start if you're interested in discovering this incredible electronic band.  Consider picking this disc up and explore the science fiction world of the Reactor.  My final words:  ANOTHER STRONG RELEASE BY THE QUINTESSENTIAL ELECTRONIC BAND!

JUNO REACTOR - ODYSSEY 1992-2002
01. High Energy Protons
02. Laughing Gas
03. Rotorblade
04. Feel The Universe
05. God Is God
06. Conga Fury
07. Komit
08. Pistolero
09. Hule Lam
10. Masters Of The Universe
11. Hotaka

No comments:

Post a Comment