Monday, June 3, 2013

MISSING PERSONS - THE BEST OF MISSING PERSONS

Although I'm not 100% familiar with the history of Missing Persons as a band, I am familiar with Dale Bozzio's subsequent material.  Mainly because she signed with Paisley Park and released an album on the label.  It wasn't one of the best Paisley Park moments, but it wasn't all that bad either.  What I was surprised to learn was how much of her back catalog I actually knew. Or at least was aware of.

Missing Persons was one of those 80s bands on the cusp of just about everything popular.  The teeny booper sound of Dale's vocals and the presence of synthesizers made the band iconic in every aspect of pop culture.  You heard their songs in movies, on television and on the radio.  I'm not sure how many people I knew counted themselves as Missing Persons fans, but we all knew who they were.

I picked up this little gem at a used music store in Las Vegas and it has everything I've ever wanted from the band and more.  From the chartbusting hits to the strange filler material, this disc has it all.  It starts off strong with 'Words', 'Destination Unknown', 'I Like Boys' and 'Mental Hopscotch'.  Dale's quirky vocals and the infectious pop arrangements playing behind her can get even the most hardcore couch potato up on their feet to dance.

Never fear, 'Walking In L.A.' is on this collection as well. Nothing worth having is left off.  This is an excellent Best Of compilation and one any casual fan of Missing Persons should have in their collection.  I may not be a die hard Missing Persons fan, but I like them enough to enjoy the CD and recommend it to others.  My final words:  DESTINATION: BUY IT!

MISSING PERSONS - THE BEST OF MISSING PERSONS
01. Words
02. Destination Unknown
03. I Like Boys
04. Mental Hopscotch
05. Hello, I Love You
06. Windows
07. It Ain't None Of Your Business
08. Walking In L.A.
09. Tears
10. Bad Streets
11. Give
12. Right Now
13. Color In Your Life
14. I Can't Think About Dancin'
15. No Secrets

No comments:

Post a Comment