Tuesday, December 8, 2015

JUNO REACTOR - HIGH ENERGY PROTONS

Juno Reactor is a band I discovered on a compilation CD.  I can't remember the name of the disc off the top of my head, but the JR song was my favorite on the disc and this was the first CD I bought from them.  I found it at a Music Store in Vegas.  I recognized the group's name and I decided to buy the single and check out more of their music.  Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed.  These songs started my fascination with JR and I followed them for years afterward.

This is a simple four track single.  There are two actual songs and each one gets two mixes.  I'm not going to get heavily into the mixes because they're all fairly straightforward and enjoyable.  I will say this much, the mixes for 'The Heavens' are much more dynamic than the album version.  This is a subtle song to begin with.  It's one of JR's soundscape numbers.  You feel this song more than listen to it.

Since both tracks appear on their first album, I'll discuss them in more detail there and just say this is a pretty cool single with great mixes.  My final words:  NICE SINGLE AND A GREAT ADDITION TO A COLLECTION!

JUNO REACTOR - HIGH ENERGY PROTONS
01. High Energy Protons (Orion Mix)
02. High Energy Protons (Voodoo People Mix)
03. The Heavens (Monolith Mix)
04. The Heavens (Vapour Mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment