Thursday, October 12, 2017

POOLSIDE - PACIFIC STANDARD TIME

I ran across a track from Poolside in a playlist I was listening to and I really liked it.  Very mellow, laid back and relaxing.  The track was a cover of Neil Young's 'Harvest Moon'.  I liked it enough to pull up a couple of their videos on youtube and decided I wanted to hear more.

I visited their website and picked up the CD for the bargain price of $5.  That's an awesome price!  Of course they have more expensive versions of the album available for more money such as a limited edition color vinyl.

Poolside is definitely an electronic duo, but they're so much more at the same time.  Their music is all about solid beats with simple arrangements, smooth sounds and a relaxing vibe.  In essence, this group is the ideal music to listen to when you feel like relaxing...  next to a pool...  with an exotic drink in your hand.

When you take individual tracks and put them in mixes or playlists with more aggressive electronic music, they blend right in and hold their own.  I recently included 'Do You Believe' in a Green Room playlist and it fit right in.  But when you put the disc in and let it play out, you find it utterly subdued and spacey.

This is a CD you could put in just about anywhere, press play and watch people groove right along.  It fits almost any situation.  Lately, I've enjoyed playing it at work.  I drop the disc in a let it go.

There are certain stand out tracks here though.  The 'Harvest Moon' cover being one of them.  I'm also digging 'Do You Believe', 'Just Fall In Love', 'California Sunset' and 'Take Me Home'.  

If you dig mellow groovy sounds, this album is definitely for you and Poolside is a band you're gonna love.  Even if you're not into electronic music, these beats are smooth enough for Jazz lovers and even Rock enthusiasts.  An all around party in one CD.

My final words:  AN EXCELLENT DEBUT BY A TRULY MELLOW DUO!

POOLSIDE - PACIFIC STANDARD TIME
01. Tulsa
02. Next To You
03. Why You Wanna
04. Harvest Moon
05. Slow Down
06. Take Me There
07. Kiss You Forever
08. Do You Believe
09. Give It A Rest
10. Can't Get You Off My Mind
11. Just Fall In Love
12. California Sunset
13. Golden Hour
14. Between Dreams
15. Without You
16. Take Me Home

No comments:

Post a Comment