Monday, November 7, 2016

BROTHER JULES - THE REMIX E.P.

Brother Jules was Prince's personal DJ and close friend.  Jules would perform DJ sets prior to Prince live concerts and at parties he would host at Paisley Park.  Jules is also preparing to release a double album of Prince mixes.  He describes them as some of the mixes he'd put together at the start of Prince shows.

This particular E.P. was sold at the Prince Tribute Concert last month in Minneapolis.  Brother Jules sold the left over copies online and I was fortunate to get one.  The disc is essentially one 32 minute mix track.  It's made up of the following Prince songs:  '1000 X's & O's', 'Freaks On This Side', 'Joint 2 Joint', 'Poompoom', 'She's Always In My Hair', 'Mad Sex', 'Push It Up!', 'Big Fun' and 'If I Was Your Girlfriend'.

I gotta admit, if I were to choose my favorite Prince songs to remix, most of these tracks would end up on my list.  For deep cuts, he's picked some real gems and I think die-hard fans will love this little collection.  It's groovy and fun at the same time.

It comes in a plastic case with a front CD insert card and the CD.  That's slightly disappointing, but I'll live with it.  This is one item I'm utterly amazed and grateful to have in my collection.

Contact Brother Jules on Facebook if you want a copy and pray he still has some available.  My final words:  CREATES EXCITEMENT FOR THE FULL REMIX EXPERIENCE ALBUM!!!  EXCELLENT MIX

BROTHER JULES - THE REMIX E.P.
01. Brother Jules Remix

No comments:

Post a Comment